I've lately been distracted from painting by a hoard of exciting computer games. I managed to pull myself together to finish off my GW Mordheim Ogre (who is, incidentally, in desperate need of a name).
Last week he was largely complete, but I had just inked him. I took the time to bring up his skin, and leather goods with the base colours as highlights (sometimes going lighter). The stitching on the pants and hat got black (I do like obvious top stitching in my clothing in real life), and thanks to Dai's suggestion from a few weeks ago, did a striped red shirt. Quite dandy if I do say so myself. It tempts me to pull out the pirates and start work on them at some point.
The metals had a fine line of 'honed steel' by reaper. I'm getting to be a big fan of the reaper paints lately. They are in dropper bottles, come in triple sets (of base, shadow and highlight), and are much less watery than I think vallejo tends to be.
While the fig is not totally complete (basing yet to finish), I plan to do up a couple of posts of the different basing schemes I've worked through. It's also more interesting to have multiple posts per week, rather than the just under the wire 11pm sunday post for the week.
In the spirit of 6MMRPC, I also managed to cut from sprue and clean from flash a bunch of pieces from Pegasus refinery. There are an amazing number of pieces to this set, and it's a LOT of work to cut and clean them. I was doing it as I was watching you tube videos, and waiting for things to happen in a multiplayer computer game I tried on the weekend.
I have high hopes for what will come, as I often see set ups of pipes and wheels and pressure vessel in the background of various sets. It will, however, take some time to realize.