Saturday, February 24, 2018

28mm Sci Fi Cars: Marx Future Cars

Inspired by Cheetor at sho3box blog  I tracked down some of these fine 'marx future cars' in order to add some much needed street traffic to my 28mm sci fi terrain boards. They've been a easy item to bang out when taking breaks from batch painting other things. I have to say I'm slightly embarrassed to realize I used a green paint scheme on the SAME CAR as Cheetor. Perhaps the sculpt just screams green in a subconscious way. 
The windows remain to be done......in some way. I contacted Roebeast to see about some sweet vaccum made ones, but apparantly you can't track down the clear sheets of vacuum forming plastic anymore. Alas. Some of the hard clear plastic on almost any toy packaging was suggested to me which I will eventually get around to attempting.






7 comments:

  1. Very snappy! I have never heard of Marx Future Cars before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are pretty cool. Pretty tricky to find these days though.

      Delete
  2. Those are really great. I had my eye on some that were up on ebay for a while but never got around to buying them unfortunately. They really look the part of genestealer cult limousines...or something you'd see in Heavy Metal. Lot of character. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My highschool buddy gave me a scratchbuilt limousine when we did a trade (I got a ton of stealers). I should break it out for a picture...it's pretty awesome too.

      Delete
  3. Those are some really snappy looking cars. That purple is reminiscent of the genestealer cult limo from wayyyy back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those have a feel of the 90s batman cartoon. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started watching that show again on netflix a few months ago. Maybe there was a brain worm in there waiting to come out in my painting....

      Delete