Thursday, September 4, 2014

6 Month Mountain Reduction & Painting Challenge (6MMRPC): Signing up

NO BUYING STUFF!?!?! NOOOOOOOOO......
I'm a bit late to this (4 days), but it's a great strategy to erode away some of the lead mountain of Chris' Miniature Woes
madness. As lifted from

1. No purchasing of new miniatures, EXCEPT if you use a joker card.  Like in a deck of cards, you get two jokers to use on a figure purchase during the six months of the challenge.  Could be a blister pack, an ebay bundle, or a single figure...you can't splurge. 

2.  Gifts do not count against you. Christmas and or birthdays etc. Also, if you're given gift cards by your hobby illiterate family or friends, you can without penalty use them on anything you want miniatures wise.  I luck out here, as I'll have Christmas and my birthday during this 6 Months.

3.  Paints, terrain (or materials), and other hobby supplies do not apply to the no purchasing rule.

4.  At least one hobby related blog post and/or Instagram update a week.  If you Instagram, be sure to hashtag your pic with #6MMRPC

5.  Zombtober will be part of the 6 month challenge so, Zombie related stuff during October is ENCOURAGED!


One of the things I like best about this isn't you don't have real painting targets, but you MUST document what you've done. Considering my huge painting ADD recently, it's a gamble to paint anything start to finish in a reasonable time frame, but I certainly have been working on lots. 

 I waffled a bit about joining based on the no purchases (except for 2 'jokers'), but the open option on terrain pulled me in. I think I'll aim for Friday updates, as if I'm late I still have 2 days to most (Sept 1, 2014 starting on a monday). Also, presumably more people look at blogs on the weekend. 

It's a bit funny to see people in the comments on Chris' blog adjusting dates slightly to benefit from their birthdays, or squeeze in one more purchase, but fair ball. It's going to be a challenge for sure. I seriously doubt I'll benefit from any gifting, but I do have a huge pile of lead......

1 comment:

  1. Welcome on board mate! Good to have you :)

    We've created a Facebook group to talk about the stuff we're working on in the challenge if you'd like to join in - you can also promote your blogposts or show WIP pictures etc. over there too:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/268611043336746/

    ReplyDelete