Sunday, July 29, 2018

28mm Vehicles #2: Marx and ZombieSmith


 Another set of cars to add to the tiny carpool. I'm hoping to eventually get enough 'traffic' to make a small urban table look reasonable. I suspect this will take some time. This time we have one car from Zombie smith (they have a set of 3 resin vehicles for very reasonable pricing). I tried a newer type of window effect. I'm not sure I'm sold on it......though I may just have to fill in some of the white better next time before inking. Ideally the idea is that it's reflecting some of the inner lighting from a dark car interior.




The marx future car I'm not entirely happy with. Orange is a bit of a beast for me to paint, I have trouble with coverage and smoothness. The turqoise seating I like, and the mirror effect. The metallic detailing is quite what I'm happy with. Probably it's too uniform and either needs to be dirtied up a bit, or heat modulated (which sounds challenging) or something. I doubt I'll get to it any time soon as other projects beckon....




2 comments:

  1. Nice looking vehicles DaveB. I think the window effect will look good on the table. What are you going to be using them for?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *cough* not too sure. Maybe future pulp alley, or some other sci fi skirmish thingum.

      Delete