Friday, September 7, 2018

15mm French Napoleonic Generals - Old Glory



As part of the "finish that lot of lead you got 7 years ago so you can finally table that force of french" project we have some generals hitting the table. These guys are a single bag of old glory lead. I was a little mystified by some of them (which is not uncommon with napoleonics I find) as they have different head gear and saddle blankets. I suspect that some might actually be ADC (aide du camps) but I wimped out and painted them all as high level officers.



Technically speaking for Napoleons Battles these are all divisional leaders as they are a single model on a 1 inch base. I almost group up some, but I realize I need a fair number of divisional leaders, and I have another bag of 'marshals' which should more than cover the higher level command.


At this point I really only need some heavy cavalry to be able to field all the necessary unit types for my french force. Unsurprisingly I have way more extra units than that to paint, but it's nice to have the choice narrowed for me.

4 comments:

  1. Liking these mate. Nicely done.

    That's how my old ACW Reb's collection ended. Had far too many generals for them. Kinda glad I painted 6 and then when I sold the army, the new owner could worry about what to do with the rest! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems to be a common problem with any sort of bag of 'command' lead. A metric ton of figs. Hopefully this isn't some sort of curse where I ditch my own army b/c of the excess command. eek!

      Delete
  2. Nice work on these "old" Old Glory figures. I always liked the original Dave Alsop sculpted range of Napoleonics. Many of these are in my armies as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I regret to say I rarely consider who has sculpted figures. There are a few 'celebrity' sculptors that I recognize the name of, and can see real differences in how they sculpt, but largely these artists beaver away unknown.
      Thanks for sharing Alsops name. I did a quick look and saw a short thread on tmp. Did he do much of the old glory range?

      Delete