Sunday, December 29, 2019

Empires at War Cowboy Buildings - pictoral review














In the quest to find SOMETHING I did this year I remembered I assembled these buildings a bought. Small victories! They come from Empires at War  as a set. The price seemed right and they shipped quickly. The buildings were mostly simple to assemble but there were one or two parts of the instructions that were fairly difficult to parse out......previous experience assembling mdf terrain is an asset.



I haven't bothered to put in the doors for most of the buildings. I think my biggest critique is the orangey tone to the 'wood' on the side. If probably doesn't come through on the internet/these pictures well but it's a bit too orange for my taste. Not a serious problem really, but a niggling minor complaint.





8 comments:

  1. Great looking buildings, well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard to take much credit for pre-painted mdf buildings. I suppose it can be tricky not to use too much glue and get that rotten looking black fuzzyness smeared around. I quite liked the sorta pastel colour tones on the frontages myself.

      Delete
  2. Those look pretty handy. Did the fronts come painted with signage?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The signage came as shown. They are etched onto mdf that fits within a border/edge so I suppose you could make your own. Maybe use paper overlay, or flip the mdf and do something on the back?

      Delete
  3. I like em mate. Look the part for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they certainly fit in with a western vibe. I need to get a lick of paint on my actual cowboy figs and I could host a shoot em up.

      Delete
    2. If you are going to host a shoot up, let me know!

      Delete
    3. That would be good times. Do you, by any chance, have some cowboy minis to bring along? For planning purposes you understand....

      Delete