Friday, December 31, 2021

2021/2022 Zen: Failure at nothing or success of nothing?

An obligatory new year post. I made no hobby resolutions this year so..... I win? It seems a bit weak though. Much like 2020, the year 2021 has been disrupted by small children, covid, and the sundries of life.

I was able to get in a couple of wargames with friends (in person!). A couple of blog posts were created. And towards the end of the year I had a burst of painting productivity (which shall most likely be revealed in the near future). I have managed to stay *somewhat* productive in other parts of the year with cleaning of minis, and assembly.....but honestly they don't make for much interest in a post.

Matakishi's teahouse has a hobbystreak thing he has done. I guess he posts a pic on twitter everyday. I do take a lot of photos that just never really make it off my phone into the blog for one reason or another. I am toying with the idea of having a feed that the blog links to that at least shows I'm alive and productive. Noteworthy results would merit full posts. Something to ponder as a project for the new year. 

Dawn of the lead has a great 2021 recap. I was a bit inspired when I first read it. Now it's a bit of a leap to 'commit' to a resolution. I think that I will try to:

1/. revisit the "Tray of Shame" and get some of the crud out of there.  

2/. jump start a stalled project

I leave you with the best hope and wishes for the coming year...may things improve next year. Please enjoy the pictures of art brought home by my daughter which makes me think she has had close encounters with the Cthulhu 'Mythos'. 

 
 

 


4 comments:

  1. Those are beautiful- if The Oatmeal did Cthulhu I am pretty sure the result would look similar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. I can totally see that. They were sufficiently good art that I bothered to take a photo. I have to say there is a lot of chaff that children bring home.....

      Delete
  2. Glad to see you post Dave. Anything works, even your daughter’s wonderful Lovecraftian-esque style offerings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dai. I do hope to get some more posts in this year. Best laid plans and all that.....

      Delete