Wednesday, January 18, 2023

15mm Star Wars: Rebel naval troops

I've had a slow burn (VERY SLOW) project to get some 15mm figs on the table for star wars action. These folks are meant to be rebel naval troops.....the poor shmucks who get dismantled in the 1st movie ever produced. 







They are a bit....under geared in the movie. I imagine that they are acting as a diplomatic honor guard more so than doing a hard assault. Naval troops I imagine are both for ship board security (and while at dock/port), but also form scratch forces of infantry when the full army (such that it is for the rebels) isn't nearby. Perfect setting for small scale gaming. 






By small scale I mean platoon sized......


The figures are from Ground Zero Games "Colonial Defense Force". I've seen a variety of peoples use different figures (often GZG) and these ones seemed to 'fit' for me. 

I tried to choose some support weapons that a light infantry force would carry. Heavy 'blasters' as a squad assault weapon and some sniper/antimaterial weapon. The rocket launcher tube seems the most dodgy as I imagine you'd be pretty reticent to use something like that in space but for ground action..... MANPADS perhaps?



Of course in Star wars if you have vanilla troopers you need some heroes and villains. These are some space friends to keep the regular troops inspired.


9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Lawrence. I'm happy with how they turned out. There was some angst trying to decide how to paint them while I was doing it though.

      Delete
  2. Star Wars in 15mm!? Not bad at all Dave. Stormtroopers incoming as well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Surely I won't need stormtroopers. There's no way the imperials will find the secret rebel base....

      Delete
  3. lol. I suppose the same can be said about anyone who isn't a named character in star wars. More minis!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those rebel troopers look great. I really like the basing too- very natural looking- and the black base rims as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's "Lukes ready mix" basing. It feels a bit silly buying a bag o dirt....but it looks good and saves time. I found a Canadian retailer if you are interested.

      Delete
    2. I have been doing my own stuff but I am curious and would like to check it out.

      Delete
    3. https://hobbydungeon.com/search?q=luke There's a youtube review if you type in lukes ready mix basing as well.

      Delete