Wednesday, September 16, 2026

Congo: Forest Tribes (Foundry Figures) - part 1 (of 2)

I decided to pull out some figures I'd previously painted (years ago) for some photos. Painted but not yet documented. The impetus to get them out was a weekend visit by Doug, and the fact I was going to force him to play some games that have been on my shelf for a while, but not yet hit the table top. 

Congo was one of these games. A local gamer said he was interested, and I saw a screaming deal on figs on TMP (many years ago) so I bought a lot of three forces. I believe most/all of these figures are foudry. The zanzibari's have previously been photographed.  

First up are the leader types. I think I'm missing one or two for the game and possibly over subscribed for one or two. I think it will be tricky to fill in the gaps, as they are pretty niche (drummers, a newspaper ma for the white mans expedition, zanzibari slaver,etc). 

 

Next up we have some young warriors, (blue shields) and warriors (with the head dressings. Missing from my stock are the cannibals....which is mostly differentiated by painting. So that may not be too hard to fill in if I want to expand. 





 

4 comments:

  1. These look great mate! You have a really good recipe for the dark skins too, very natural looking. How were the games? Seen others post on the rules set but they didn't offer much of a review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's just 2 colours to be honest for the skin. I don't think I inked these ones (like I do with most troops). Unfortunately my notes are atypically sparse and confusing to me.

      The games were pretty decent actually. Rules are pretty simple to understand but give a lot of hard choices to the players. I think there's some nuance to choosing units and tactics to be effective which we haven't figured out yet. I'll be posting up some pictures of the battles and can talk a bit about the rules.

      Delete
  2. An interesting collection Dave. Surely you will have to add he cannibals with a big iron pot a some stage?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like an awesome idea. I imagine I'd need to print the cauldron.
      Also, this is like the book 'if you give a mouse a cookie'. If I have a cauldron and cannibals I'll need some "King Solomans mines" move type characters. And if I have THOSE, then I'll need.....

      Delete