Sunday, November 30, 2014

6MMRPC: Week 13 Napoleonic Russian Jaegers

Just a quick post, as I'm trying to beat the end of the week deadline, and I'd like to go to bed soon.
I pulled a bit of  late night in order to 'finish' these guys. I still need to get them on their bases (2 large bases), but I was excited to have the painting done before posting on my blog.







These are perry miniatures, plastics (with the forage caps) and metals (with the shakos). As far as I can tell, the major difference from the line troops is a slightly lighter green and the black webbing/harness rather than white. I used a fair amount of grey highlighting, as I'm not a fan of just black. The jaeger groups also have yellow ribbons with white tassel on their swords, yellow shoulder boards, and pom on their hats. A nice little splash of colour.





I'm actually rather happy with the outcome. The green loooked a bit splotchy earlier, but with the full colour palete it's less obvious. Beyond the unkind camera eye showing off the clay faces, they look pretty sharp in my mind.







I played another game of General du Corp (unpublished playtesting) on Thursday which was fun. It was a scenario we reset numerous times to try and get the scenario correct, but also tweaking the town fighting rules. I'll post up my thoughts and pics later this week, but you can check out Dougs posting here.

2 comments:

  1. These look great! Will be a really good looking regiment when based and done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dai!. As I mentioned, I'm quite pleased with how they turned out.

      Delete