Thursday, January 23, 2020

28mm Austrians March - Depot Battallion

January would seem to be the month for raising your units, load the magazines, and make grandiose plans for the coming campaigns.

I have, so far, managed to assembly my entire collection of Austrian plastic that had been stockpiled. The lions share of these are victrix models which have different poses (and 2 arms!) so are much more time consuming to assemble than the marching Perry's.

In rough numbers I have a bit over 150 Austrians. Some miscellaneous stuff was also assembled to try and clean the computer desk up a bit. I intended to prime them up for the 'look I've done work!' shot, but the local game store is out of stock of the 'wraithbone' coloured priming I'm hoping to use. The plan, roughly, will be:  to prime off white, basecoat some flesh and other colours that benefit from a wash, ink it, and highlight everything necessary.

I converted some metal colonel figs with helmets to bicornes to make some higher level (field) officers. I think the heads might be sitting a bit proud on the cut neck, but I don't relish drilling out the neck so I'll live with it. 








2 comments:

  1. Your long necked officers will look perfectly normal on the table. Is thus nall stuff you are getting ready for Enfilade?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Somehow 'long necked officers' makes me think of inbreeding which might be appropriate for officers of this era and possibly of the habsburg empire in particular.

      I *might* do some cavalry (12 figs) as a stretch (for a different game) but I'm dubious I'll get there. The artillery pictured is actually british stuff, I need to order the austrians but the numbers will be similar so this pic is a pretty good visual.

      Delete