Thursday, February 10, 2022

WW2 Romanians Great Escape Games (1) - platoon assets (hq, sniper, mortar, resita atg)

Finally I'm getting around to posting up some pictures of painted stuff. I finished these right at the beginning of the year but got bogged down with pictures. My dave-cave is in a state of disarray so it's a bit of a hassle to carve out the space needed for pictures. I'm also not SUPER happy with my light box for pictures yet. It might be a backdrop issue, or it might be that it's a bit too small. 

These folks are from Great Escape Games, one of maybe 3 companies that do 28mm metal Romanians for world war 2. I found their range to be the most comprehensive so I ordered up their platoon pack and a bunch of side products so I didn't need to faff about filling in gaps. One and done is how I typically like to order up projects. Hilariously I find myself needing some more crew for guns (as I printed an artillery piece). Oh well, the nature of the game (see what I did there?). 

Please enjoy photos of: a platoon headquarters, sniper team, light mortar team, and antitank gun (a resita 75mm gun, which I think was domestically produced). 

 

Bases were finished with "Luke's ready mix" something I saw on another blog and wanted to experiment with. Fast, easy, and doesn't look shabby. 

 

The minis were protected with future floor polish applied with a brush. I figure with metal figs, and a skirmish range it will worthwhile having a hard finish. I should, and probably will eventually, hit it with some matte to get rid of the shine. 


 

 


 

 










5 comments:

  1. Great work Dave. Your light box does work well. David finishes all his figures in gloss and they are very hardy. The matte finish is nice for close up photos though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see some soldiers for your Romanians! Light box doing well too. I need to get a new one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comment(s) got trapped in moderation! Many apologies. In hindsight the light box is a touch small. I think it's around 10 inches cube.

      Delete
  3. These are the parts of an army project that I enjoy the most. More pose variants, cool gear to paint up, fun big guns. All looks great from here so far mate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah yes. The line troops end up turning into a grind most of the time. The special weapons are definitely a much appreciated change of pace.

      Delete