Sunday, February 5, 2023

15mm Ion Age - Adder hovercraft

 More minis that have sat unpainted for far too long. These lovely hovercraft are from 15mm.uk, originally part of the ion age line I believe. There are version with wheels and tracks as well instead of the skirts.

Prior to moving from Vancouver I had these partially painted. I got hung up on what to use to highlight, I tried some nearly fluorescent green and it didn't look right. So it sat.....and sat.

 

 

Eventually the grey adder was released, a APC variant (rather than IFV I guess). I grabbed a set and decided to finish these bastards. 

Naturally the difficulty with any tank, and especially green ones, is to try and make it not look like a blob of colour. I'm not sure that it's as non blobby as I'd like, but it's done. And that's a win.






 

8 comments:

  1. It's great to see you posting regularly again. I think the high lighting turned out well. What system will you be using for these?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seems like I start strong in Jan/Feb and usually fall off the wagon by the spring/summer. I'm not sure on the system yet......I think the trick is once you have the minis ready it's a lot easier to try with different systems!

      Delete
  2. Lovely work and the highlighting works very well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lawrence. I think the majority of the time I get hung up on colours when it's finally done one looks back and thinks: what was the point in stressing anyway?

      Delete
  3. don't look blobby to me. nice job. 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I feel like the APCs look a bit more green blob than the ones with turrets....it's probably a matter of the items of visual interest.

      Delete
  4. These are looking great from here mate. Will they be part of your Star Wars setting too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure. Obviously they aren't 'canon'....but it's pretty easy to wedge whatever in with sci fi universes. Especially rebels who can't afford good kit, mostly just obsolete stuff packed away in warehouses decaying. What is the "Ground effect" you speak of?

      Delete