Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Necromunda weekend (eye candy post)

An eye candy post from a weekend at the tail end of 2022. A friend (Jason) from highschool took the ferry over to visit and game on the weekend. We met up with a third player (Kevin) who has just moved (back) to town. 


My necromunda gang from the 90s hit the table again versus some squats and some meatcarving chaos worshippers. Kevin provided the painted terrain while I unveiled my mass of 3d printed terrain (all in gray and unpainted).

 Jason and Kevin had a quick game while I stat-ed up my gang. Aggressive positioning and sneaky infiltrators locked Kevins Squats in a corner while the flesh blenders that look vaguely human sprinted towards them through tough terrain. It was over fast and messily when the leaders of the Corpse Grinder cult arrived.

 

 

 

I have some of the same terrain (the Pegasus ruined building), and the mechanicus motors and was quite jazzed with how it can all look with a lick of paint. Perhaps I'll get some down this year.













 

 We then setup a three way engagement. We allowed for clambering over the walls to give some more tactical options. The big grabber could be operated too, although we didn't quite get in position to grab enemies and drop them in horrible locations.

This was harvest scenario where we needed to seize the blue drug plants to make money. Having seen the power of flame weapons in the first game my red cloak cultists ended up fielding as much flame as possible. Cleanse the unbelievers!!

 

 

 











 









At the end we fiddled with the printed maps and seeing how the terrain fit onto the tiles.




16 comments:

  1. Great to see find some time to get a game in Dave. That 3D printed terrain looks perfect for Necro.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The industriousness of digital designers is amazing. Owning a 3d printer is as much a blessing as a curse in terms of things to paint though....

      Delete
  2. Nice to see you getting games in mate. If GW prices had not just gotten even sillier then before, I would've picked up the new Necromunda as I really like the current aesthetic and those FW sculpts are so cool. (Plus I'd need to find an opponent, but that's besides the point! LOL)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you. GW prices continue to defy understanding. I mostly pickup used stuff for things I've pined for for a long time.

      Delete
    2. I actually have some unpainted Ratskins collection in my pile of shame that really need my attention…

      Delete
    3. I never got to play versus a ratskin gang. It seemed like the minis were pretty rare/hard to get in my neck of the woods.

      Delete
  3. Great idea using the crane. Pity no one was able to be grabbed by it. I assume you could grab a friendly team member and move them to the high ground. Might be good to place a sniper somewhere 😁
    The printed terrain looks great - even unpainted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was hoping to grab an enemy and place him in a good spot for multiple flamers, but sniper position is a good idea too!

      Delete
  4. Table looks great! Seems like a lot of fun was had.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun times. Two of us have small children so gaming at the table doesn't actually happen much. Alas we didn't have a bit more time.

      Delete
  5. sounds cool. gangs will be gangs; always with the drug money.
    Did it provide the kick in the pants to get the 3d terrain painted? LOL 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *looks evasive* sure, sure, yes, absolutely. The painted terrain is in the mail. It hasn't arrived yet? Strange that, I'll have to look into it again....*mumble mumble*

      Delete
  6. Nice looking game! Fetching terrain. Love the idea for a crane that a player could operate if his guys got control of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could claim that I thought of it but it was another players good idea. The colorized stuff definitely helps my sea of grey prints.

      Delete
  7. Looks like some good fun gaming with a couple of friends....can't fault that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes sir! It's the people that make or break these events.

      Delete