Monday, February 27, 2023

15mm Star Wars: The Boys in White

 Credible intelligence has been received of Rebel activity in Coaltown. You will deploy your men to prevent an attack and locate additional rebel humint. Now move out!

 

 It appears Coaltown is a horrible snowy wasteland currently. I have looked out my window and can confirm the same.


These delightful sculpts are 15mm versions of some heavily protected IP. They are available from [message redacted].

 

I hope a platoon is sufficient for my purposes. There's a reasonable smattering of sculpts but it'd be nice if there were some extra support weapon positions and a second commander pose. 


 


 


Despite it being 'just white and black' these minis take a steady hand and two coats (white over grey) to make them pop properly. I'm pretty happy with how they have turned out. 

 

 


The backdrop is some random cardboard box for a toy that I spotted on a pile of recycling. It has an unfortunate tear in the middle (zap strap damage I assume) but is a pretty good score for me.

11 comments:

  1. Wow Dave! Very nice. The Shuttle is fantastic for the figures. And the back drop is a great find.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ponder trying to 'spiff up' the shuttle (darkening the panel lines for instance).....I'm a bit worried that the plastic won't behave properly for paints or inks to stick. I'm not really feeling a whole other paint job either.

      Delete
  2. “Coaltown had best be rejoicin’ at the sight of the Empire’s finest turnin’ up at their doorstep to return (The New) order to such a grimy little corner of the galaxy. Indeed, my cousin Shoyru said he saw’d during his tour o’ duty one of them Impstars wipe a settlement from the face o’ a planet after there was suspected Rebel activity reported. Blessed be the Emp’ror and his wisdom.”

    Smashing work Dave, must have clearly taken a while to pick out all the details on these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your cousin Shoyru must be mistaken...surely the empire would only destroy a settlement with CONFIRMED rebel activity that was a vile den of vice and iniquity.

      Delete
  3. Great work Dave; your white is particularly impressive- very solid and opaque- and the back ground is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cod, I'm quite pleased with how it turned out.

      Delete
  4. Looking really great. You did a good job with the white and black. May they find that rebel scum! 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stew. I'm sure the troopers will be able to flush out those terrorists.

      Delete
  5. Very nice indeed - I can appreciate the steady hand needed for painting after trying a few at a larger scale! Having played quite a bit of Imperial Assault and a bit of Armada, I could see myself falling hard for 15mm Star Wars - inspirational stuff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I free you from the purgatory of comment moderation! Sorry for the delay.
      I think one of my problems is I paint 15mm like I do 28mm. I've recently been told that the smaller the scale the better the effect even with less detailed painting. Obviously cameras are brutal for this on blogs, but it is different at 'table top distance'.

      This blog post reminds me I have some subversive activity to crush in coal town......

      Delete