Saturday, January 12, 2013

GZG xmas 2012 order

This year, as in the last two, I managed to sneak in a GZG order right near the end of the offer. It was actually me 2 years ago which prompted Jon to clarify the offer expires at midnight GMT. I had some challenges making an order right before I was leaving the country and it ended up being pre midnight pacific but post midnight in the UK. Jon very kindly honoured the order....and clarified the position for the following year.

As always, most of the fun for the xmas orders is the goodie bag that you receive. Based on what you order (and how much) you get some freebies from Jon/GZG that help complement what you ordered.

This year I ordered up some of the pre-fab buildings, a bunch of shipping packages and containers to use for scatter terrain, and an air raft (I have recently picked up a copy of the mongoose traveller and have hopes of running this at some point. I figure air rafts have such utility that they are likely ubiquitous for explorer types).






For my surprise gifts I received:
1/. another air raft (sweet!)
2/. some additional scatter terrain (a bunch of barrels and more conical power/liquid containers plus one large crate)
3/. a set of heads to customize figs
4/. The cleverest addition: a ground mount of missles to help defend the base. I'm imagining these would be anti air missiles no doubt tied into the data generated from the large dish pre-fab. Another pre fab has an automated turret, for short range anti aircraft and anti missile (HARM missiles perhaps?) defense.

I'm hoping to get this cleaned and assembled shortly, although they may end up fairly far back on the painting queue. The queue tends to reshuffle often, so they might get lucky!



Here is the picture as lifted from the GZG site itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment