Tuesday, August 14, 2018

15mm french chassuer a cheval - old glory

Gosh, multiple posts without napoleonics, I was starting to get worried too. Here we have two bags of old glory 15mm chassuer a cheval all painted up nice. The problem with these bags (in my opinion) is that you end up with too much command for most systems. 32 figs with 4 standards and 4 musicians is a bit bonkers.

I decided to go for a bit of colour and did 4 distinct unit colorations (also I had 4 command stands). Though these will be used for napoleons battles, I expect I will use them for other games, and can't say I'm a fan of basing 4 cavalry in a deep narrow base.



I'm getting terribly close to actually being able to field a coherent french force in 15mm. Zounds! It's only been like 7 or 8 years since I got my huge lot of 15mm naps.

4 comments:

  1. Looking good DaveB. Are those from Murdock?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, these are from a many year ago block purchase. Murdock handed off a bunch of lace war stuff (seven year wear/war of austrian succession/war of spanish succession/etc). I need to clear out a few more items before I get organized on those figs.

      Delete
  2. A beautiful unit, great job sir!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil. Still a few final bits and bobs (flags and bases) but I'm pretty happy with them (and not just because they are basically done).

      Delete