Monday, August 20, 2018

Congo! Sultanate of Zanzibar (1) - 28mm wargames foundry

Leadership Team
One of our local gamers mentioned collecting a force for Congo. In one of those strange series of events, I ended up spotting a wicked deal for a copious amount of lead on TMP, and then needed to buff up an order to get free shipping so ended up ordering the rules. Neither the other local gamer or myself have made much progress past that. No longer! The Sultanate has stolen a march and woe be those fools who stand against them!
Trained Troops

 The figures are 28mm wargames foundry darkest africa range. They have a lot of character. I ended up with way too many and fobbed off the lot of africans with looted european gear (and carrying heads etc) to a buddy to return a gift of ancients. Fun stuff hiding there.
Zanzibaris

The "trained troops" have a better looking rifle; A repeater I suspect. The zanzibari's have slightly shoddier weaponry. Given the zanibari national dress was lots of white gowns it was a bit tricky to add colour and maintain 'unit' groupings. I hazard that I have succeeded.

My one clanger is the eyes are probably a bit too white, though it's less noticeable in person, on the table, at 3 feet.



4 comments:

  1. LOL DaveB, the butterfly strikes again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heaven forbid anything keep my attention for long....

      Delete
  2. That's a great little warband. I think the contrast between the white base and the brighter accents/shirts looks really well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Major. I have found (usually with napoleonics) that white on the mini helps all the other colours pop out a bit more. It's funny how things like this happen with minis.

      Delete