Sunday, February 1, 2015

6MMRPC: Week 22 Perry Russian Officers

Well another week slides by between posts. This week I have finished up my command figures for the Russian Napoleonics. These two fellows are lead/pewter. Surprisingly (mostly to myself I suppose), these are the first horse figures I've actually painted. I agonized and stressed over the horses for some time (I did 11 at once, as I worked on these guys and my other Russian cavalry (dragoon and cuirassier)) at the same time.

I'm reasonably happy with how they all turned out. The basing will need to be tarted up a bit with some other vegetation, but I'll probably treat all my bases at once when I'm done everything.
There's an intentional space for the name of the commander (small paper stuck with blue tac to allow changes). I think once this is on there it will look less sparse. It's more noticeable on a small officer base than the double sized troop bases.

The fellow above I can't tell if the camera has washed out his mustache, or I need to bring it up a bit with something more yellow. This could definitely enhance the look at range.

Mr Swords face looks a bit shrouded in shadow,  and his gorget looks awfully grubby, but I suppose these will be less obvious at range.

I managed to get in a game of DBA at the beginning of the week. Hopefully I'll get a post up shortly.


  1. They look pretty good to me. Excellent work.

  2. Look fine to me as well.

    Very nice work.

  3. Thanks for the kind words. The camera pics often make it easier to be critical of one's own work.