Saturday, February 14, 2015

6MMRPC: Week 24 GZG Space Contractors

These guys have been on the side of my paint table for the last 2 weeks. I find a lot of my figs I progress on in fits and starts as I agonize about colour choices. Historicals being a key exception because, hey, there are definite colors that should be used.







This crew of space laborers (from GZG) received high visibility suits, and I had been reading 'Outland' (the movie starring Sean Connery) early in the year and the workers were color coded to different jobs. I thought it a cool idea.

I got held up for a while hoping to figure out how to make some super cool gold like visor reflective effects.....but eventually just wanted to finish them off.







 I don't have a lot more to say about these guys. I'm pretty happy with how they turned out. The brown container (to the right) being one of the notable things I'm not jazzed about. Otherwise they are pretty cool.


7 comments:

  1. Gr8 attention to the detail

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks kindy. I feel like there are a few areas I skipped over.....but at 15mm it gets a bit insane to try and hit ALL the details.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Yes, they are fun miniatures for sure. I think there are some 'armed' ones as well. I find ordering from GZG dangerous.....the urge to add a few more figs to the order is very strong.

      Delete
  3. Really nice job on these. You've caught all the detail as though they were a larger scale.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sculpts are very nice and make it easy. The mini's with highly textured surfaces are very easy to do with washes and highlighting. It's large plates of armour/flat sections/vehicles that I find a lot of challenges with.

    ReplyDelete