Tuesday, January 11, 2022

2022 Trays of Shame (2)

 A continued dive into my collection of stuff. But more importantly....stuff I ought to be painting and finishing off or it will get more dusty. 

A bunch of reaper bones. I was working on these as part of a weekly caffeine (something) challenge. They were steadily working through the bones releases. It was great while I was on the train. 


Mostly undead. We also have some chainmail dwarves and GW dwarves (as a mordheim warband). A few other random things in there including a GW centaur (ugly sculpt I got in a give away box from a friend). 




The rest of the GW garden of Morr plus a random plinth with no statue. I got hung up on questions of basing or not (the walls are pretty tippy). I'm close to inking so this could.....could.....go quickly. 






Battletech! Actually these were black at the start of December. So yay me. They came out more yellow than brown as I had hoped. Need to decide on secondary colour and what gubbins get painted black/silver/whatever. 





These guys have been painted for a LONG TIME. I spent time trying to build up the red so it was gradual and didn't need more highlighting. Fail. 

At this point I need to highlight and then start doing the gubbins. There's a few at the back who are mostly done. White and gold (plus some black) are the secondary colours. I suspect I need something else too. 





An awesome BT dropship. The scale is all wrong but it was intended for 15mm anyway. Problem is.....colour. I dont' want all grey. But ummmm. not sure what to do right now. Or like, for the very many years before now.










Cheap lightweight foam casts. Part of a big order from.......microart studios maybe? They are primed in coloured primer. Just need to ink them and highlight. The trick, of course, is I might have trouble getting the right colour. 

And weathering and serial numbers and stuff. These ought to be easy. Maybe a pallette cleanser at some point.



5 comments:

  1. Lots of interesting stuff there. I quite both that drop ship and the containers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. should be "I quite like both...".

      Delete
    2. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have noticed the omission. It's amazing what sort of gap filling your mind does automatically.

      Delete
  2. That Garden of Morr has a sister set down here in Norcal.... Mine has sat primed black for what must be 10 years now. >_<

    ReplyDelete