Friday, January 21, 2022

28mm Vehicles #3: Marx and ZombieSmith (Redemption)

 The last time I had a set of painted cars to present was july....2018. Having lurked in the tray of shame for far too long I have managed to deliver the first items into the tray....OF REDEMPTION! Yes folks, hence forth anything that is escaping from the prison of shame shall graduate into the light of redemption. 


Anyway, I wanted to have a bunch of cars to use as scenery on urban boards. I was inspired by another blogger......maybe Cheet0r? Marx future cars took a while to source off of ebay. Zombie smith makes some very reasonably priced resin cars (I spent an age and a half waiting for delivery due to them moving and the molds needing to be rebuilt).

 

 

 

 

 The lights are all penned in with a fine tip sharpie before painting. I think this was one of the long standing blocks on this one......it was just a mass of blue otherwise. Also the canopy I didn't know what to do. I briefly tried painting silhouttes of tall buildings and quickly scrubbed that (literally wiping away the attempt) *shudder*.

 

 



I can't remember in the slightest what the hold up on the marx car was. I was contemplating trying to put in windows......definitely a bit of a nightmare to do. I incidentally noticed the headlights hadn't been done as I was setting up for the photo, so zipped off to put in a touch of paint. Maybe that was the road block? Sometimes the smallest things can throw sand in the gears of productivity......



In the storage container I found the following which have not even been primed: 2 more marx, 4 more zombiesmith cars, 2 black cat taxis, 2 microart studio buses. I'm dubious any will see the light of 2022 due to the priority on the trays of shame.



 

4 comments:

  1. Great hover cars! I like the windows and windscreens too. Good stuff Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dai. I was inspired by Sho3box! https://sho3box.com/2015/06/29/sci-fi-traffic/
      I had to find it to properly credit it. Glad you think the windshields look decent.

      Delete
  2. If one reads your ..." hence forth anything that is escaping from the prison of shame shall graduate into the light of redemption" with a voice of a Southern Baptist Preacher, it is even more amusing!

    I admire your dedication to the faith!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad the evangelical tones of my inspiring writings are lifting from the screen itself. =P

      Delete